Virtual NBE Item Writing Training & Workshop – Volunteer Opportunity
In light of the current travel restrictions and safety concerns, The Conference is making plans to host the annual Item Writing Workshop (IWW) virtually this year. This provides us with a unique opportunity to accommodate more participants. We welcome anyone who is licensed as a funeral director and embalmer, has passed the NBE, and is interested in volunteering their time for public protection to apply.
Eligible applicants will be invited to attend the virtual training and receive an Item Writing assignment to write five exam questions at your convenience between May 16th through May 28th. Based on the submissions, participants will be selected to continue through the Item Writing Workshop to be held virtually June 16-18.
No experience in exam development is required, as training and mentorship is provided. We are simply looking for a diverse group of funeral service practitioners from across the country to volunteer their time and expertise.
We understand that this is a unique and busy time for everyone, especially for those in our field. Our hope is that this opportunity will allow licensees an opportunity to stretch their brains and learn more about exam development for a high stakes licensure exam. Item Writing Training not only provides a window into item development for the NBE but it also qualifies you for consideration for future committee opportunities with The Conference. Participation may also be recognized for CEU within your state. If interested, please read the requirements below and submit the Interest Form.
Please reach out to Sarah Gill, Exam Services Manager, with any questions (email@example.com).
Item Writing Training & Workshop requirements:
- Must be licensed and in good standing as a funeral director and embalmer.
- Must have taken and passed both sections of the National Board Exam (NBE).
- Must have access to a computer, high-speed internet, and knowledge of how to work basic technology.
- Must be available for one online training session listed in the form below (whichever works best for your schedule).
- Willingness to write and submit five items following the training between May 16 through May 28.
- Must be available to participate in the virtual IWW June 16 – 18, 2020, if selected.
- Commitment to exam security and willingness to sign a non-disclosure agreement.
Item Writing Training & Workshop dates:
Virtual IWW Training:
- Thursday, May 14 from 1:00 – 2:30 pm CT
- Friday, May 15 from 10:00 – 11:30 am CT
(choose whichever works best for your schedule)
Virtual Item Writing Workshop:
- June 16 – 18, 2020
Deadline to Apply:
- 8:00 am CT, Monday, May 11, 2020
Virtual Item Writing Training & Workshop – Interest Form