Virtual NBE Item Writing Training & Workshop – Volunteer Opportunity
The Conference is hosting a Virtual Item Writing Training and Workshop. We welcome anyone who is licensed as a funeral director and embalmer, has passed the NBE, and is interested in volunteering their time for public protection to apply. Educators are welcome to apply.
Eligible applicants will be invited to attend the virtual training and receive an Item Writing assignment to write five exam questions by the deadline of Sunday, May 23. Based on the submissions, participants will be selected to continue through the Item Writing Workshop to be held virtually June 15-17, 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. CT.
No experience in exam development is required, as training and mentorship is provided. We are simply looking for a diverse group of funeral service practitioners from across the country to volunteer their time and expertise.
Our hope is that this opportunity will allow licensees an opportunity to stretch their brains and learn more about exam development for a high stakes licensure exam. Item Writing Training not only provides a window into item development for the NBE but it also qualifies you for consideration for future committee opportunities with The Conference. Participation may also be recognized for CEU within your state. If interested, please read the requirements below and submit the Interest Form.
Please reach out to Sarah Gill, Exam Services Manager, with any questions (email@example.com).
Item Writing Training & Workshop requirements:
• Must be licensed and in good standing as a funeral director and embalmer.
• Must have taken and passed both sections of the National Board Exam (NBE).
• Must have access to a computer, high-speed internet, and knowledge of how to work basic technology.
• Must be available for the online training session (or available to watch the training and complete the assignment by the deadline).
• Willingness to write and submit five items following the training by the deadline of Sunday, May 23, 2021.
• Must be available to participate in the virtual IWW June 15 – 17, 2021, if selected.
• Commitment to exam security and willingness to sign a non-disclosure agreement.
Item Writing Training & Workshop dates:
Virtual IWW Training:
• Wednesday, May 12 from 1:00 – 2:30 pm CT (If you are not able to participate at this time, the training will be recorded.)
Virtual Item Writing Workshop:
• June 15 – 17, 2021
Deadline to Apply:
• 8:00 am CT, Monday, May 10, 2021