The sample questions provided below are similar to the type of questions used on the examination, but are not part of the item bank from which the exam is constructed. The sample questions were written by qualified practitioners including funeral service educators and regulators and are meant to assist you in preparation for the exam.
ARTS SAMPLE QUESTIONS
- A funeral rite that is adjusted to the needs and wants of those involved is known as
D. a memorial service.
- In the late 19th century, funeral services were usually held in the
B. funeral home.
C. city hall.
D. church building.
- The third stage of anticipatory grief described by Kubler-Ross is
- What type of damages pay over and above the actual loss?
- Clothes and jewelry given to the funeral director to be placed on the decedent’s body are considered in law as
A. no property.
C. bailed property.
D. unclaimed property.
- The proper title for an officiant of the Christian Science faith is a
- Which of the following in NOT specifically required by the Federal Trade Commission (FTC)?
A. Casket Price List
B. Outer Burial Container Price List
C. Funeral Agreement Form
D. General Price List
- Traditionally, the name given to a symbolic cloth covering placed over the casket is a(n)
D. interment cover.
- In casket manufacturing, kapok is used as a
A. lining material.
B. padding material.
C. casket covering material.
D. backing material.
- Gross sales minus sales returns and allowances, and minus discounts on sales yields, are
A. total purchases.
B. operating expenses.
C. gross profit.
D. net sales.
Order Study Material
SCIENCES SAMPLE QUESTIONS
- A factor that indicates the use of a MORE dilute arterial solution is
A. thick skin.
B. tough skin.
- Rigor mortis and algor mortis are similar in that both are
A. before death.
B. forms of edema.
C. stiffened conditions.
D. postmortem conditions.
- The direction of eyebrow hair growth is laterally
B. upward and inward.
C. upward and outward.
D. downward and outward.
- Hypodermic tissue building may be performed as a post embalming treatment for
B. tissue swelling.
C. controlling purge.
D. body fluid accumulation.
- Pathogenic microbes are most virulent
A. after the first 24 hours.
B. during thermal death time.
C. only in the presence of dry heat.
D. when first emitted from the body.
- Inflammation of the sac surrounding the heart is called
- Chemicals that have the capability of displacing unpleasant odors are
- Which of the following is characteristic of a jaundice fluid?
A. no bleach content
B. no counter staining
C. low formaldehyde content
D. high formaldehyde content
- The external iliac artery lies along the medial border of which of the following muscles?
A. psoas major
C. pectoralis major
D. external oblique
- When using the 9-region method for cavity embalming, the cecum is located in which of the following regions?
B. right lumbar
C. left inguinal
D. right inguinal
Order Study Material